Vande Bharat Express on Delhi-Katra route was flagged off by Home Minister of India Amit Shah. Amit Shah called it a “big gift” for J&K’s development and for promoting religious tourism. “I’m proud that this made-in-India train is being flagged-off from here today. The railway is working towards achieving its targets keeping in mind principles of speed, scale and service,”. The Vande Bharat train will ease travel to Katra for Vaishno Devi devotees, the Indian Railways said. The train has been started its commercial run from October 5 and will bring down the travel time between Delhi and Katra to 8 hours from the current 12 hours.
Vande Bharat Train: Ticket prices
The fare for traveling between New Delhi to Katra will be as below:
- Minimum: Rs 1,630
- Maximum: Rs 3,015
Vande Bharat Train: Facilities provided
- The train will have 16 air-conditioned coaches including 14 chair cars.
- It is an engine-less self-propelled trainset which allows for faster acceleration and deceleration.
- The train has windows with a special provision to protect against stone-pelting and a cattle guard in the front to prevent damage to the train or derailment in case of cattle run.
- Delhi and Katra travelling time 8 hours from the current 12 hours.
- The train is equipped with wi-fi, bio vaccum toilets, CCTV surveillance and GPS-based infotainment system.
- Vande Bharat Express include plastic bottle crusher machines.
Vande Bharat Train: Days of run
- Vande bharat express depart from the New Delhi Railway Station at 6 a.m. and will reach Katra at 2 p.m. except on Tuesday and is numbered 22439.
- Vande bharat express depart from Katra Railway Station at 6 a.m. and will reach New Delhi Railway Station at 11 p.m. from Katra except on Tuesday and is numbered 22440.
About the Vande Bharat Train
En route, Vande Bharat Express will halt at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana and Jammu Tawi for two minutes each.