No matter which part of the world you go to, summers are always associated with vacations and India is no exception. Planning a summer vacation in India is a challenging task with the country’s incredible diversity throwing up a long list of names. While in some regions of India a respite from the cold, in others it means scorching, sunstroke-inducing heat. From tropical islands, offbeat summer destinations in India to tea plantations, and lush valleys overlooking the mighty Himalayas, there is no dearth of options when it comes to planning the perfect Offbeat summer getaway in India.
Places To Visit In India In Summer
India has a pleasant climate during the summers, making it a perfect space and vacation place for tourists. Let’s have a look at the amazing tourist destinations in India as mentioned below and make sure to book your holiday in one of these awesome destinations:
- Manali: Snow-Covered Mountains
- Shimla: Rich History
- Ladakh: Beige Hillscape
- Auli: Coolest Place In India
- Nainital: Lush Hills
- Ranikhet: Cantonment Hill-Town
- Mount Abul: Only Hill Station In Rajasthan
- Kashmir: Best Place To Visit In Summer
- Haridwar and Rishikesh: The Holy Places
- Mukteshwar: Adventurous Place
- Gangtok: A Unique Hill-Station
- Tawang: For Buddhist Monasteries
- Darjeeling: Tea Garden Paradise
- Shillong: Scotland Of East
- Pelling: For Glittery Waterfalls
- Cherrapunji: For The Rain Lovers
- Majuli: Biggest River Island
- Chandoli National Park: Rich Wildlife
- Malshej Ghat: Rugged Ruins
- Mahabaleshwar: Evergreen Forests
- Lonavala: For Lush Greenery
- Matheran: Refreshing Landscape
- Panchgani: Five Lush Hills
- Coorg: Exotic Natural Beauty
- Coonoor: Picturesque Enchantments
- Munnar: Sheer Bliss
- Kodaikanal: Unique Attractions
- Devikulam: Holy Place
- Ooty: Lush Woodlands
- Yercaud: A Trekking Paradise
- Ziro: Beautiful Valleys
- Mcleodganj: Cozy Cafes & Monasteries
- Rishikesh: For Adventure
- Nandi Hills: For A Summery Escape
- Almora: Colonial Charm
- Dalhousie: For Mountain Lovers
- Kinnaur: For Peace Lovers
- Pahalgam: For Horse Riding
- Puri: For Religious Souls
- Mussoorie: Easy Summer Escape
- Kohima: A Treat Of Folklores
- Wayanad: Escape To The South
- Mysore: For The Royals
- Spiti: A Perfect Summer Retreat
- Dharamshala: Tibetan culture, handicrafts and temples
Manali: Snow-Covered Mountains
Things to do in Manali:
- Sightseeing at Hadimba Temple, Van Vihar Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa monastery, Club House, etc.
- Indulge in adventure sports at Solang Valley
- Visit Rohtang Pass for snow.
- Go river rafting in the River Beas.
- Short trips to Kullu, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Falls, Arjuna Gufa, Bhrigu Lake and Vashisht Hot-Water Springs.
- Picnic at the apple orchards.
- Camping and trekking.
Shimla: Rich History
Things to do in Shimla:
- Hop on the Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla.
- White water rafting at Tattapani.
- Linger around the Mall Road to eat, shop and enjoy.
- Visit the beautiful Christ Church on the Ridge near the mall.
- Trek to Jakhu Hanuman Temple, perched on top of a hill.
- Explore the British architecture of Viceregal Lodge, Christ Church, etc.
- A visit to Kufri, Chail and Mashobra, beautiful hill getaways.
- Get a family photo in the traditional attire for a fond memory.
Ladakh: Beige Hillscape
Things to do in Ladakh:
- Explore Leh city, attractions like Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa and markets.
- Spend days at the Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, Tso Moriri, and Hemis National Park
- Visit monasteries of Ladakh including Hemis, Diksit, among so many.
- Photo stop at Khardung-La Pass, Magnetic hill, etc.
- River rafting on the River Indus.
- Watch the Llamas perform colorful Chhams during monastery festivals.
- Ride a double-humped Bactrian camel in the Nubra Valley.
Auli: Coolest Place In India
Things to do in Auli
- Enjoy skiing at India’s Ski-Hotspot.
- Marvel at the Auli Artificial Lake.
- Explore the realms of Joshimath.
- Touch the sky with a Ropeway ride.
- Test your limits with Auli Gorson trek.
- Be close to nature with camping.
Nainital: Lush Hills
Ranikhet: Cantonment Hill-Town
Mount Abul: Only Hill Station In Rajasthan
Kashmir: Best Place To Visit In Summer
Haridwar and Rishikesh: The Holy Places
Mukteshwar: Adventurous Place
Gangtok: A Unique Hill-Station
Tawang: For Buddhist Monasteries
Darjeeling: Tea Garden Paradise
Shillong: Scotland Of East
Pelling: For Glittery Waterfalls
Cherrapunji: For The Rain Lovers
Majuli: Biggest River Island
Chandoli National Park: Rich Wildlife
Malshej Ghat: Rugged Ruins
Mahabaleshwar: Evergreen Forests
Lonavala: For Lush Greenery
Matheran: Refreshing Landscape
Panchgani: Five Lush Hills
Coorg: Exotic Natural Beauty
Coonoor: Picturesque Enchantments
Munnar: Sheer Bliss
Kodaikanal: Unique Attractions
Devikulam: Holy Place
Ooty: Lush Woodlands
Yercaud: A Trekking Paradise
Ziro: Beautiful Valleys
Mcleodganj: Cozy Cafes & Monasteries
Rishikesh: For Adventure
Nandi Hills: For A Summery Escape
Almora: Colonial Charm
Dalhousie: For Mountain Lovers
Things to do in Dalhousie
- Get enchanted with the view of Panch Pulla Waterfalls.
- Boat ride in Chamera Lake.
- Relax in the soothing environs of Khajjiar.
- Meet the wild creatures at Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Rejuvenate your senses with the view of Satdhara Falls.
Kinnaur: For Peace Lovers
Pahalgam: For Horse Riding
Puri: For Religious Souls
Mussoorie: Easy Summer Escape
Kohima: A Treat Of Folklores
Wayanad: Escape To The South
Mysore: For The Royals
Spiti: A Perfect Summer Retreat
Dharamshala: Tibetan culture, handicrafts and temples
Things to do in Dharamshala
- Feel the adrenaline rush with paragliding.
- Set new goals with Triund trek.
- Relax in the lap of nature with camping.
- Day tour to Kangra Valley.
- Get clicked in traditional garments.
Summer is here, make plans for vacations choosing from the top destinations perfect for summer holidays.