India is a rich country in culture and heritage, because of unity in diversity. There is a wide range of festivals,cuisines, music, literature, art forms, dance, traditions, costumes, everything is very special in the land of Gods.
As India’s rods strengthens with the establishment of the Mughal Empire that brought in fresh ideas and practices in the realm of architecture which continued for six centuries. The Red Fort, Old Fort, Bahai Temple popularly known as Lotus temple, Qutub Minar, Jantar Mantar, Humanyu’s Tomb all show variations in their constructions. Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal which is a beautiful piece of vision in marble. In its entire splendor and beauty, the Taj Mahal is regarded as the greatest symbol of love and is one of the seven wonders of world.
The food habits are differentiated across regions and religions. The Hindu and Muslim cuisines have played an important role in the development of Indian cuisines and food habits. The vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies are prepared by using variety of spices and herbs that make them so different in taste yet so delicious. From the wide array of exotic dishes, some of the lip smacking Indian delicacies are:
1. Sarson Da Saag: It is a spicy preparation of mustard leaves with onion. This is a typical Punjabi (North Indian) dish and tastes really nice with Makki Ki Roti (maize flatbread) and a dollop of fresh butter. Hyderabadi Biryani: It is a traditional meal made using mutton and rice and is a staple of Hyderabadi cuisine.
2. Chicken Tikka: Chicken tikka is a traditional Indian dish and is prepared by marinating pieces of chicken in a blend of spices and cooking it tandoori style in charcoal fired oven.
3. Goan Fish Curry: Goan fish curry is tangy and spicy and is the staple food of Goa along with rice.
4. Kheer: Kheer is a rice pudding typically made by boiling rice with milk and sugar. It is often flavored with cardamoms, saffron and dry fruits.
5. These and other tastes can be experienced by travelling to various places in India. Every Indian state offers a different taste and style in food that is unique in itself. Each dish gives a whole new experience and a new flavor is tasted every-time. Its like a mid summer carnival is taking place in your mouth.
Indian food is divine as it satisfies not only your taste buds but also your soul. It fulfills your inner desire to experiment with something new. The local herbs and spices enhance the aroma of these delicious palettes of cuisines.
Even the sweets will give a unique taste. Each one has something different to offer and enlightens your soul, putting you in a dilemma with so many choices and so much variation. But to really understand it, you will have to experience it yourself. So come, taste it and relive magic.